We are looking for a ‘tech savvy’ individual, with previous experience of the travel industry, to offer an exceptional experience to our customers through a proactive and well executed approach to management of queries through support and customer service expertise.
Working within an environment that offers a wealth of experience and passion for travel and technology, this role is to offer frontline support to customers through telephone, email and online support methods. Incorporating the need for diagnosis of problems with the aim of resolving them within agreed service level agreements, with regular feedback on progress.
The role demands an innovative and dynamic individual who is willing to take on the challenges spanning a variety of technologies and focusing on numerous aspects of the travel industry. Working closely with key stakeholders both within the company and externally to overcome issues as well as delivering forward-thinking strategies on the improvement of multi-product or complex travel technology solutions.
- Ownership of customer communication and contact with respect to operational issues and enquiries. To provide front-line support through a variety of methods such as telephone, email and online support methods.
- Thorough and detailed investigation of customer issues with the ability to provide 1st line support across multiple products and technologies.
- Incident management ensuring a continual and consistent workflow to both the support and development aspects of the business which provides confidence to our customers.
- Proactively communicating with customers to deliver an experience that goes beyond their expectations and looks to improve knowledge and understanding of products and solutions.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders as well as suppliers and partners. Ensuring a professional and appropriate relationship for handling queries and integrating services.
- Support new and continued development through regular testing with structured and well delivered feedback.
- Deliver against the key business objectives, business service level agreements with an awareness and aptitude to consider individual key performance indicators.
Skills & Experience
|Previous experience working within a customer services environment handling and taking ownership for issues raised by telephone, email and online systems. |
Effective questioning and listening skills, being able to pinpoint the exact issue in order to get a resolution.
Able to present and discuss information in a clear and precise manner on a verbal and written platform with accuracy and spelling a priority.
Excellent, assertive and controlled telephone manner.
Able to demonstrate ability to understand, analyse and interpret data.
Able to prioritise and multi-task a number of jobs and tasks, working to deadlines and providing regular updates on progress.
|Previous experience within a travel or travel technology based company or role.|
Experience of software solutions within the travel industry specifically GDS and online booking solutions.
Experience of handling queries relating to XML/API and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve at a technical level.
Knowledge and understanding of service desk environments including incident management, prioritisation and quality assurance standards.
Occasional visits to client sites may be required so a clean driving licence would be beneficial but not essential.
- Professional, engaging and enthusiastic
- Demonstrates ability to take responsibility and be accountable for results
- Team player with a positive and pro-active attitude
- Customer oriented approach, confident in reaching out when required.
- Adaptable and eager to learn.
- Keen eye and attention to detail
- Geographical awareness/understanding of time zones
- Superb organisational skills
- Ability to be flexible around working hours and shifts to accommodate the support of global customers and suppliers
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire (office based)
Salary: Based on Experience
Travel: Although office-based the role may present opportunities to visit customers off-site on occasion.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.